Wednesday, July 8, 2009

On the Cheap - Meridian Chardonnay 2007

The window's open and it smells like a nice summer day outside with a refreshing breeze flowing through my window, so I'll keep this one quick so I can go outside and have fun!
This is the first time that I've had two different varietals from the same vineyard, but I was quite impressed by Meridian's Pinot Grigio. I had this right after the Rombauer, so it tasted like rubbing alcohol upon the first sip, BUT! I realized I was just imagining things after two more sips or so, haha. Do note that this one was served at room temperature, like I usually do with all my wines.

    Chardonnay, 2007
    Meridian Vineyards, California.
    $7
    Consumed: June 29, 2009
    Nose: Apples, general citrus, very sweet smelling. Palette: Simple. Pretty acidic and apple-y, has a quite a bit of bite, with it fading away into a very general citrus on the finish.






    Very characteristic apple on the palette. The acidity was actually quite refreshing on this one, but it has quite a bit of bite (which should all but disappear if chilled). Everything else was pretty average - nothing spectacular but not bad either.

Final Verdict: Want a solid Chardonnay on the cheap? Get this. Chilling recommended. Alright Chris and Dodge, I give. I admit that whites should be chilled, it's just that I feel the true nature of the wine will be hidden if I did that though. Anyways, this is an average Chardonnay and what I believe to be solid for this price range.

No comments:

Post a Comment