Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer is in full swing!

...which means I'm going off to another small vacation for a few days. Going to be away until next week, but I have notes and pictures for two Chardonnays! I'll post them when I get back:

    Meridian Vineyards, Chardonnay, 2007, $7
    Rombauer Vineyards, Chardonnay, 2007, $28 (Gasp!)

Yeah, a $28 wine. It kinda goes against what I try to do on this blog (affordable daily wine for college students), but it was for a special occasion. I also happened to drink these two back-to-back, starting with the Rombauer. It made the first sip of the Meridian taste like rubbing alcohol... but after a few more sips I realized it wasn't too bad. It didn't help that the Rombauer was cooled and the Meridian was room temperature... more on that later.


Bevmo had a wine sale (buy one get one for 5 cents), but I didn't buy any wines on sale because you have to buy two of the same ones. :[ I did, however, score 4 new wines: a Merlot, Pinot Noir, a Cabernet Sauvignon (that one looked really tasty from the description...) and a Viognier. You can also see the empty Rombauer bottle peeking into the picture on the right side. For the time being, I have to study study study for a test (tomorrow) and a midterm (on Monday, right after I get back...).

I should really join some sort of wine blog network to improve my current readership from the current ~6 to a short term goal of ~20 readers...

I'll be back on Monday with some shiny new blog posts! :]

2 comments:

  1. 28 bucks?! You wealthy SOB. Yeah, join a wine circle... do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol b/c you are my friend I will keep reading this blog. and also b/c one day i may turn away from my jim beam back to wines. someday >.>

    and yes, the 28$ wine is very uncharacteristic of college wine drinking. Remember when that store above best buy and ralphs was having a closeout sale and we bought those cheap fruity wines? delicious lol

    ReplyDelete