Thursday, August 13, 2009

Getting My Money's Worth - Grayson Cellars Merlot 2006

Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I last blogged... maybe like 2 weeks? I've been busy with school (making sure I make use of the tuition I pay!) and various other things. Just a word of warning, I have a TON of reviews that I've been holding back on. I'll be pumping those out as fast as I can. Let's get cracking:

First up, a Merlot from Grayson Cellars. This was the first Merlot that I tried since my introduction into the world of wine, so I was pretty excited. I picked up a decent priced one at Bevmo, in hopes of not hitting a low quality one.


    Merlot, 2006
    Grayson Cellars, California.
    $11
    Consumed: July 11, 2009
    Nose: Very fragrant black fruit, reminds me of black cherry or plum. I smell cloves - pretty prominent. Palette: Complex, rough mouthfeel, but very easy to drink - there's no bite! Little bits of acidity, kind of oak-y, superb balance. Dry at the end with a sharp ending. Very dynamic acidity; starts off with the fruit + strong acid > acid peaks and drops off > oakiness comes in briefly > quick finish.






    For my first Merlot, I enjoyed this alot. The aroma is really nice, as is the dynamic acidity. Also, ugh - blurry second picture. At least the label picture came out clear! What a cool label too.

Final Verdict: Tasty merlot. Worth the full $11. Wonderful aroma, not too oaky, good acidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment