Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'ma Buy You A ...Dram? - Laguvlin 16 Year

T-Pain reference, hah. What's a dram?

Wait, what? What's a nice Scotch whisky doing on a wine blog?! Once again, it was Chris celebrating a huge achievement, so he deemed it befitting to celebrate with his favorite spirit (and mine too)! Best of all, he let me review it on my blog:

    Scotch Whisky. Laguvlin 16 Year.
    Islay (Scotland).
    $65
    Consumed: August 3, 2009
    Gorgeous amber color. Peaty, smoky, very smooth! The peatiness is not overkill (unlike the Laphroaig 12 Year that I had at a friend's place a while ago - it was so peaty that it tasted like a bandaid!). Sweet finish. Delicious!







    My spirit of choice is whisky, but I couldn't afford Scotch too often, so I just drank bourbon alot before I started getting into wine. That isn't to say that scotch doesn't hold a special place in my heart for being a classy, classy liquor to be sipping out of a glass. Not much else to say, Just enjoy the pictures of this wonderful scotch. LOOK AT THE GORGEOUS COLOR!

Final Verdict: Amazingly good Islay whiskey, get it if you can afford its price tag. Again, a big thanks to Chris: You bought me a drank - a really tasty and classy drank. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment