Monday, August 24, 2009

Merlots Don't Float My Boat - Sebastiani Merlot 2005

Apparently, my roommate's uncle works for Sebastiani. I was curious, so I snagged a bottle of their merlot (their cheapest varietal) at Costco for $9. What a steal - I saw it the other day at Ralph's for $14! I love you, Costco. On with the review:

    Merlot, 2005
    Sebastiani, California.
    $9
    Consumed: August 6, 2009
    Nose: Very pleasant and prominent coconut! Sweet herbal-ish smell. Palette: Buttery aftertaste, quick finish. Delicious mellow tannins.






    The flashy, distinctive label makes Sebastiani wines easy to find on the shelves amongst tons of other wines.

    Chris said that he liked it - there was a good amount of depth to it, along with nice plum flavors. I personally thought it was better than an average merlot, but I'm not a huge fan of the varietal.


Final Verdict: Worth ~$9-11 in my opinion. Probably shouldn't get it if you have to pay more than that, otherwise, pretty good merlot.

No comments:

Post a Comment